Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
We are looking for a licensed architect to directly oversee the New York office of an emerging boutique design practice with offices in New Orleans and Chicago. This position offers a high-level opportunity to work with a team in search of design excellence.
- Managing Director in our New York City office
- Establishing and implementing goals and objectives, developing and promotion of the firm’s values and long-range plans in collaboration with firm principals, positioning the firm for growth and profitability
- Coordinating and implementing action plans in collaboration with firm principals
- Day-to-day management and organization within the New York office in collaboration with senior design and technical personnel, including development of project plans and their execution
- Identification of viable clients and contribution to winning proposals in a range of markets including but not limited to institutional, cultural, and civic project types, in collaboration with firm principals and marketing manager
- Realization of profits compatible with interests of clients and the firm in collaboration with firm principals
- Ensuring quality enhancement, and professional development within the New York office in collaboration with firm principals
- Some tasks associated with operations, financial and human resources management
Essential Requirements and Criteria:
- Demonstrated successful experience as a licensed architectural management professional in a 20-25+ architectural practice (10 years minimum)
- Ability to collaborate with firm leadership principals in the development of firm planning and strategy to direct the growth and development of the firm
- Experience in a range of architectural practice including but not limited to design, construction documentation, construction phase services, project management, financial management
- Successful execution and completion of projects with construction budgets of $10 million and above
- Demonstrated familiarity with office financial management tools, project planning and staff utilization planning in collaboration with firm principals and office administrator
- Genuine interest in expanding a start-up-practice including development of office standards and practices in collaboration with firm leadership principals
- Experience in professional staff hiring and development, and related human resources activities
- Commitment to design excellence
Candidate submissions should include a work sample or portfolio that indicates your role and responsibilities on each project, as well as a current resume. Please no drop-off submissions or phone calls.Apply