Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our established and growing design practice in New York. This is a high-level leadership opportunity with an award-winning, collaborative practice that strives for design excellence. The Project Manager will lead a range of project types, in collaboration with our diverse design team. We are searching for a highly motivated individual who is committed to the collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies and to explore design solutions that are simultaneously timeless and progressive.
Experience and Characteristics sought
- A professional architectural degree is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to design excellence.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience at design-focused firm(s).
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience, licensure required.
- Demonstrated project documentation experience through all project phases on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated construction phase experience on multiple projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team structure, leading project teams in the execution of formally and materially innovative architecture.
- Strong skills in Revit required.
- Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite utilization required.
- Experience with Autocad, Parametric Modeling [Grasshopper] and Maya desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities.
- Ability to work with and elevate younger staff members.
- Strong, positive references.
- Establishing and implementing goals and objectives, developing and promoting the firm’s values and long-range plans in collaboration with firm principals.
- Day-to-day management and organization within the New York office in collaboration with senior design and technical personnel, including development of project plans and their execution.
- Key communications and management leadership with clients, project team, and other key stakeholders.
- Architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of projects at all phases.
- Ensuring quality enhancement, and professional development in collaboration with firm principals.
- Management of design documentation and construction phase services for our project teams.
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
- Contribution to leadership of the continuing growth and success of our New York office