Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
We are looking for a professional, full-time Senior Designer to join our diverse team. The position offers the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative practice in search of design excellence. The Senior Designer will be directly involved in a range of project types, exploring form and function, with a strong focus on materiality. We are searching for someone who is committed to the collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies with design solutions that are simultaneously timeless and progressive.
- A professional architecture degree is required
- Strong design talent with 7+ years professional experience in a recognized firm, licensure desired
- Competency in all conventional aspects of architecture. Proven ability to create designs and plans for all project phases, including coordinating design consultants and monitoring drawings
- Responsible for technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
- Strong ability to develop and articulate design concepts in a collaborative environment
- Experience in providing architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of projects
- Experience in decision making on design problems and methods
- Experience in executing tasks requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad, Parametric modeling [Grasshopper] and Maya is desirable.
- Computer rendering experience with VRay is desirable.
- Experience with modeling tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- Strong, positive references
In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-thinking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally