Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
We are looking for a Summer Intern to join our diverse team. Candidates will have the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative practice in search of design excellence. The intern will be directly involved in a range of project types, exploring form and function, with a strong focus on materiality. We are searching for someone who is committed to the collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies with design solutions that are simultaneously timeless and forward-looking.
- Summer Intern in our New York City office
- Currently enrolled in a professional, accredited architecture program
- Full-time summer intern with one to three years of design experience
- Strong ability to develop and articulate design concepts in a collaborative environment
- Experience in decision making on design problems and methods
- Experience in executing tasks requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad, Parametric modeling [Grasshopper] and Maya is desirable.
- Computer rendering experience with VRay is desirable.
- Experience with modeling tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- Strong, positive references
- In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
Candidate submissions should include a work sample or portfolio that indicates your role and responsibilities on each project, as well as a current resume. Please no drop-off submissions or phone calls.Apply