Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
The full-time BIM Coordinator position offers an opportunity for technical architects and hands-on BIM managers who have experience with large-scale, programmatically complex projects, especially those related to cultural, educational, assembly, mixed-use facilities Experience on stadia projects would be a plus.
The BIM Coordinator will work directly with the firm’s project managers, technical architects and team members. They are responsible for technical aspects of assigned projects, including general model maintenance and support. They are committed to reconciling the technical goals and priorities of the firm with those of the consultant teams while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
- A B.S., B.ARCH or M.ARCH architectural degree is required
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Advanced skills in Revit required.
- A proven track record of Construction Document phase experience required.
- Additional knowledge of BIM360 Design, NavisWorks, AutoCAD, Rhino, Dynamo and Enscape are preferred.
- Knowledge of Parametric Modeling (Grasshopper) and 3D Studio Max are a plus.
- Interest and experience in emerging digital design and computation technologies and related software applications and practices.
- A self-driven desire for learning as well as teaching others. A commitment to continuously improve themselves, their projects, and the firm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), and strong team-oriented people skills; must be able to articulate BIM concepts and practices to all levels of design team. Fluency at creating Revit families on behalf of the larger design team.
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-thinking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally