Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on an open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
The full-time Business/Administrative Manager position offers the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative architecture practice. The role is based in the firm’s New Orleans office. The ideal candidate will have applicable experience in a professional office environment; a positive, can-do attitude; time management skills; and the agility to pivot from one assignment to the next and back again.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages office administrative support activities and identifies solutions for process inefficiencies
- Provide ongoing bookkeeping and administrative support to the office, driving organizational success through the management of daily operations and special projects
- Provides coordination of human resource paperwork for the organization including new employee office set-ups, background checks and on-boarding
- Works closely with the CEO to make aware of issues and/or concerns
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Monitor, manage and maintain office equipment and supplies; request repair or restocking when necessary
- Assists with answering incoming internal and external customer calls and provides exceptional customer service by using critical thinking, problem solving and/or forwarding the call to the appropriate department
- Assists with coordinating staff travel arrangements
- Coordinate invoicing and project financial review with our clients and project leaders
- Coordinate with firm’s third-party agencies (legal and insurance)
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of CEO
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings
- Maintain various records and documents for CEO
Controller and Bookkeeping:
- Accounts Payable & receivable
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Digital file storage and management
- Overall back-office support
- Proven experience as an Office manager or Administrative assistant of 4+ years minimum
- Experience with bookkeeping, receipt, and payment tracking
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular) and Google applications
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Outlook
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Extreme attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and resourceful in handling shifting, sometimes competing, priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining a friendly, positive, and helpful attitude
- Ability to interact with clients, consultants, and colleagues alike with the utmost professionalism
- Commitment to strict confidence and discretion around highly sensitive information
- Ability to work within a team structure
- Strong positive references
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive benefits package including SIMPLE IRA plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation.
Candidate submissions should include a cover letter and resume online at https://trahanarchitects.com/people/ in the Careers section.
Trahan Architects is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Trahan Architects makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information about Trahan Architects, please visit https://trahanarchitects.com/.Apply