Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
Trahan Architects is looking for an individual with strong vision and leadership skills to uphold, nurture and propel our firm’s image and interact with the media. The role of Communications Director is to develop our communications team and generate a forward-looking media strategy in New Orleans & New York City, with immediate availability.
Reporting directly to the Partners & Managing Principal, you will be the interface between architectural project teams, the clients and their PR agencies, and media professionals. You will work closely with both internal and external colleagues. You are adept at cultivating relationships with a diverse communality that includes the public, journalists, client/partners, and other parties to ensure Trahan Architects is always shown in the best possible light.
Your Key Tasks:
- Support of strategic communication for challenging & complex architectural projects
- Plan communications activities on a short- and long-term basis, implementing them in coordination with our overall communication strategy
- Digest and assemble architectural content
- Be continually aware of and conversant with social justice issues that inform and affect the firm’s projects
- Ensure that all materials viewed by current and prospective customers follow the brand’s specific messaging and visual guidelines
- Coordinate media relations and external communication, ensuring alignment with the firm’s outreach strategies, brand guidelines and established vision
- Direct social media development and outreach
- Develop and manage processes for internal organization and dissemination of firm communication strategy, including documentation, roadmaps and regular internal updates
- Oversee editorial processing of international publication requests
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, marketing, public relations or related disciplines
- 10-plus years of communication, marketing or public relations experience dealing with media and external partners, PR agencies and more. Keen understanding of local media landscape a plus
- Strong leadership track record
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong affinity for architecture and design
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) best practices
- Proactive and detail oriented with ability to track the ‘big picture’
- Stylistically confident
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- A creative, and challenging work environment
- The opportunity to work on high-profile projects around the globe
- An outward-facing position working in collaboration with world-class clients and institutions