Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on an open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
Trahan Architects is an international award-winning architecture firm based in New Orleans, LA, that focuses on cultural, educational, assembly, and mixed-use projects throughout the United States and overseas. The firm strives to fulfill the aspirations of clients while being mindful of the impact on both natural and social environments. Trahan’s globally recognized projects demonstrate a high level of technological sophistication coupled with a quiet sense of beauty. Notable projects include The Alliance Theatre at the Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta, Georgia, and the Louisiana Museum and Sports Hall of Fame.
We are looking for a professional, full-time Design Architect to join our diverse team. The position offers the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative practice in search of design excellence. The Design Architect will be directly involved in a range of project types, exploring form and function, with a strong focus on materiality. We are searching for someone who is committed to the collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies with design solutions that are simultaneously timeless and progressive.
- A professional architecture degree is required
- Strong design talent with 3-10 years professional experience in a recognized design firm, licensure desired
- Competency in all conventional aspects of architecture. Proven ability to create designs and plans for all project phases, including coordinating design consultants and monitoring drawings
- Responsible for technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
- Strong ability to develop and articulate design concepts in a collaborative environment
- Experience in providing architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of projects
- Experience in decision making on design problems and methods
- Experience in executing tasks requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad,
- Computer rendering experience with VRay, Twinmotion, Enscape is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- Strong, positive references
- In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-thinking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive compensation package including SIMPLE IRA plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and personal days.
Current base salary range is based on years of experience noted above and can range between $70,000 USD and $135,000 USD
Candidate submissions should include a cover letter and resume online at https://trahanarchitects.com/people/ in the Careers section.
Trahan Architects is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Trahan Architects makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information about Trahan Architects, please visit https://trahanarchitects.com/.Apply