Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
Director of Marketing & Strategy
Trahan Architects is looking for a Director of Marketing & Strategy to join its fast-growing team.
The ideal candidate will effortlessly and strategically move between marketing and new business initiatives. As a Director of Marketing & Strategy with a proven track record of wins, this marketing superstar is entrepreneurial, ambitious, and agile. The best candidate is a thoughtful, precise communicator with organizational prowess with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
This dynamic marketing and communications professional will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance the firm’s brand image that will attract new business opportunities and like-minded future employees.
The Director of Marketing & Strategy will be a key player in championing the successes and growth of Trahan Architects. Listed below are the key responsibilities that the successful candidate will be overseeing:
- Team Leader
- Hosts regular BD/Marketing/Comms meetings with department and with Firm leaders, to discuss new leads, potential projects, initiatives, achievements
- Sets overall departmental goals (RFQ/P targets, geographic targets, market targets)
- Owns the reporting process, including the implementation of a CRM system and shared contacts database
- Creates and implements overall Business Development strategy with the Firm’s leadership, which includes:
- Identifying key market sectors to be pursued
- Developing initiatives related to key market sectors
- Leads Go/No Go decision-making for New Business initiatives
- Develops a communications strategy with the Communications Director, and ensures its implementation
- Creates an Awards strategy with Communications Director, and ensures its implementation
- Develops a department budget with Managing Principal buy-in and support
- Oversees all new business for the office, including direct commissions and RFQs/RFPs
- Oversees creation of all RFQs/RFPs, with specific support from Marketing and Architectural staff
- Manages & builds Client and Consultant relationships
- Oversees department deadlines, budget, and resources. Takes a comprehensive view of our marketing and business development tasks, needs, and outlook
- Supervision and mentorship for all marketing staff
- Reviews pursuits and makes strategic evaluations on how best to leverage firm resources. Creates processes that focus team on most advantageous pursuits
- Works closely with leadership to determine strategies on proposals and presentations; Is hands-on in planning and development of strategic customized responses to RFQs/RFPs and responsible for final deliverables and interview preparation
- Develops compelling narratives and stories that help connect the firm with new audiences and potential clients
- Deeply steeped in the firm brand with a keen attention to detail that involves zooming out and zooming in to ensure all aspects of our development efforts are professional and compelling
- Oversees firm’s website, newsletter and social media initiative
- A clear leader who inspires team members to go the extra mile to deliver firm success
- Understands firm people, strengths, and processes and deploys internal knowledge with outsiders
Base salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package.Apply