Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
Marketing Specialist / Graphic Designer
Trahan Architects is an award winning, collaborative practice in search of design excellence. We mobilize artistry and innovation to develop thoughtful, refined structures that enhance quality of life. The firm is ranked as the #1 design firm in the U.S. for 2019 by Architect Magazine, the official publication of the American Institute of Architects.
We are seeking a resourceful Marketing Specialist with verbal and graphic design skills to support general marketing, visual design, and communications initiatives. You should have solid research, writing, and editing skills; excellent graphics capabilities; and a keen interest in the environments in which we live and work. We prefer experience in marketing support role(s) in the Architecture, Engineering, Planning or Design industries or creative strategy consulting. Working directly with our Marketing Director, you will play an active role in our marketing efforts through research, content creation, production, and dissemination.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, production, and delivery of professional, publication-caliber proposals and qualifications packages, pitch presentations, press inquiries, lectures, awards submissions, social media and other external outreach.
- Writing and editing project descriptions, introductory letters, firm profiles and staff bios for proposals, publications, and other related material.
- Maintaining the firm’s website including News and Publications updates
- Engaging our targeted audience through Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other outlets.
- Maintaining digital image library and other collateral material, coordinating requests from journalists and editors
A qualified candidate will have:
- Above all, a desire to find innovative and exciting ways to represent our work and culture to the world.
- Extremely sophisticated eye and facility for visual design, combined with proven experience with InDesign and the full Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with WordPress is a plus. An ease with the written word and ability to assume a company “voice.”
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic culture by being a great communicator and team player with a rollup-the-sleeves work ethic
- Strong attention to detail – visual and written accuracy and precision are essential
- Strong ability to work proactively and take initiative to accomplish tasks and anticipate next steps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Architectural History, Art History, Visual Studies, Graphic Design or Communications, English, Creative Writing, or Digital Marketing preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an architecture or design firm
- A passion for architecture, design, and the way well-crafted spaces can help improve our lives
Do these criteria describe you? If so, we’d love an opportunity to meet you.
- A dated letter of interest, briefly summarizing your background and experience, as well as your objectives in applying for this position. The cover letter or email should include your contact information, including email address.
- A clear, concise, and current resume with education and professional experience, as well as academic, civic, and professional activities related to digital design, technology, and leadership.
- Additional information, such as links to your website, online portfolio, blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, Issuu, Pinterest, or other curated sites if applicable.