Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
Digital Practice Designer
The full-time Digital Practice position offers the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative practice in search of design excellence. The Digital Practice Designer will be directly involved with developing digital methodologies, 3D renderings and animations for a range of project types, exploring form and function, with a strong focus on materiality. We are searching for someone who is committed to the collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies with design solutions that are simultaneously timeless and progressive.
- An advanced degree in architecture, design, or visual arts is required
- Experience in a design firm or rendering agency is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working independently and with project teams in creating representations of design sketches or developed projects
- Ability to research solutions to either artistic, or technical, issues when they arise
- An eye for composition and sound artistic judgement
- Expert knowledge of modeling, UV Mapping, file management and rendering workflows required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Advanced computer skills including Rhino, Revit, AutoCad preferred
- Preferred experience with Unreal Engine, Blender, Vray and texturing platforms
- Experience with video and animation production
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- Strong, positive references
In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-looking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
Please submit cover letter, resume and professional portfolio. Portfolio should include work samples that reflect Architectural Visualization experience as well as design capabilities. Candidates should indicate their role and responsibilities on each project. Portfolios must be submitted for all applications. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, maximum 5 MB. Please no drop-off submissions or phone calls.
Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive compensation package including SIMPLE IRA plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and personal days.
Candidate submissions should include a cover letter and resume online at https://trahanarchitects.com/people/ in the Careers section.
Trahan Architects is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Trahan Architects makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information about Trahan Architects, please visit https://trahanarchitects.com/.Apply