Bringing together a diverse pool of talent around a single shared table, our company is built on an open, ongoing conversation. Founded in 1992 by Trey Trahan, the firm is intimate in size but broad in its scope. We engage in a collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies. Each member of the Trahan team is an integral part of a collaborative process that enriches our company culture and improves the quality of our work.
The quality of our work reflects the collective commitment of a diverse and engaged team. Build your career with us.
Summer Internship Program
Trahan Architects is an international award-winning architecture firm based in New Orleans, LA, that focuses on cultural, educational, assembly, and mixed-use projects throughout the United States and overseas. The firm strives to fulfill the aspirations of clients while being mindful of the impact on both natural and social environments. Trahan’s globally recognized projects demonstrate a high level of technological sophistication coupled with a quiet sense of beauty. Notable projects include The Alliance Theatre at the Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta, Georgia, the Louisiana Museum and Sports Hall of Fame, and the River City Library in Baton Rouge.
We are looking for interns to join our diverse team for the summer. The position offers the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative practice in search of design excellence. Interns will be directly involved in a range of project types, exploring form and function, with a strong focus on materiality.
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad
- Physical model-making
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- Strong, positive references
- In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-thinking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
Compensation and Benefits:
- Each intern will receive temporary employment status and will be paid hourly at a competitive rate with the expectation of a 40-hour work week.
- Each intern will be paired with a reliable mentor who will help interns acclimate to a professional environment.
- No compensation package is provided (no SIMPLE IRA plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation or personal days).
Candidate submissions should include a cover letter, resume and portfolio of work (less than 15MB) emailed to email@example.com
Apply until April 22st, 2024
Internship to begin early June to end of August – exact dates to be determined.Apply